Today, Thursday 11th June, we can announce that we are opening six of our charity shops for taking donations only, on 17th June. Those shops are: Radlett, Watford Pond, Bushey, St Albans, Garston and Borehamwood. Opening times for all of these shops will be 10am-4pm, Monday-Saturday.
We are initially opening these shops for taking good quality donations and plan to open them fully at the end of the month so customers can buy items. Our Retail team is currently preparing the shops with thorough cleaning planned and revised procedures to ensure the safety of customers and staff.
We have taken a number of steps so that we can ensure staff and those who come into our shops are safe. We have carried out risk assessments, our staff will wear face coverings, we will enforce 2m social distancing in the shops, implement use of hand sanitiser at the entrance to shops, have taken fitting rooms out of use, are asking for contactless payment where possible and are adhering to government guidelines on cleaning. We are also kindly asking that those wishing to donate items phone the relevant shop before dropping in to check that the shop is able to take donations at that time. Thank you for your understanding. A list of our shops’ phone numbers is here.
The shops which will re-open on 17th June, are:
- Bushey – 43/45 High Road, Bushey Heath, WD23 1EE. Drop donations in shop.
- Borehamwood -7/8 Furzehill Parade, Shenley Road, Borehamwood, WD6 1DX. Drop donations at rear of shop.
- Garston – 10 Garston Park Parade, Garston, Watford, WD25 9LQ. Drop donations at rear of shop through car park.
- Radlett – 108, Watling Street, Radlett, WD7 7AB. Drop donations in shop.
- St Albans – 85, St Peter’s Street, St Albans, AL1 3EG. Drop donations in shop.
- Watford Pond – 100 The Parade, Watford High Street, Watford, WD17 1AW. Drop donations in