We ran a number if events 7th to 13th October to help raise awareness of hospice care as part of the annual national Hospice Care Week.
This year we had a packed week which included:
- cake sale
- pie face challenge
- an information stall in Watford town centre
- pyjama day
We also shared some stats for what goes on behind the scenes to make it possible for us to do what we do.
- 13,000 calls taken by our Receptionists
- 5,450 meals prepared for our Inpatient Unit
- 320 bottle of paint in our creative arts therapies groups
- 870 staff attendances at trainings sessions
- 1,200 metres of bubble wrap to pack and send our eBay items
It was a great way to share more about the work we do and the benefits it brings to patients and families. It was also a lot of fun. Our staff and volunteers threw themselves into it and lots of people took part in our pie challenge. They took a pie in the face for us and helped to raise money for us. You can still take part in the pie challenge if you’re up for it – see details on our Facebook page, here. And, check out this film clip of our CEO Declan Carroll – he took several pies to help us kick off the challenge.
Our thanks to everyone who supported us during the week.