Our Executive Team is meeting daily to consider the changing situation around Coronavirus (Covid-19), advice from Public Health England, changes to our service delivery and business practices and to ensure we can continue t best support patients and their families. The health, safety and wellbeing of patients, families, supporters, volunteers, staff and the wider community is our top priority, and all actions that we have taken are driven by this alone.
As a precautionary measure, and based on Government advice, we have taken the following actions:
- Closed the Hospice to the public – we are still taking referrals for patients and still accepting patients into the Inpatient Unit. No visitors will be permitted to the Hospice, aside from family members and visitors of our Inpatient Unit patients. We are supporting families in visiting their loved ones at the Hospice as best we can
- Closed all 11 of our charity shops
- Postponed our upcoming fundraising events – Borneo Trek, Fire Walk and Watford Colour Run
- Postponed all Outpatient groups
- We continue to provide counselling but are using tele counselling to support patients and help minimise risk
- Advised all staff to work from home, where possible – and we are supporting them in being able to do this
- Asked volunteers not to come to the Hospice building or to our charity shops, and to follow Government advice to keep themselves safe and minimise risk
We will provide updates as events and activities are re-scheduled. Please keep yourselves, and your families, safe and well and follow Government advice – stay home, protect the NHS, save lives.
Our thanks to our Patient Services colleagues who continue to support patients in the Hospice and in the community at such a challenging time.
Our thanks, also, to the local community who are supporting us – with messages of support, donated items and donations of money, thank you.