Your reward and benefits at Peace Hospice Care
We want to deliver outstanding care to our patients each and every day. We want our staff to feel looked after too to feel supported in achieving the work-life balance that works for them and in living a life, supported by our benefits, that helps them fulfil their aspirations and is mindful of their well-being.
Come and work at Peace Hospice Care this is what you will get:
Great place to work
Our staff tell us that they enjoy the work they do, believe in our aims, are proud to work for us and believe that what they do makes a difference. What we do matters it matters a great deal, to patients, their families and their carers. Every single person who works or volunteers for Peace Hospice Care contributes to the great work we do. So, if you want flexibility, to work in a friendly team that is supportive and to feel that what you are doing is really giving back to the community then come and work for Peace Hospice, were the place for you.
- Competitive salaries which have been benchmarked against the market rate
- Contributory pension scheme with matched contributions of up to 7% (or continuation of NHS pension where relevant)
- Childcare vouchers helping you care for your child but save money at the same time because childcare vouchers are tax and National Insurance free
- Computer loan scheme so you can save yourself money by buying a computer tax free and spreading the cost of the repayments
- Added Value Award our monthly awards scheme that recognises those staff identified as living our values with a £25 voucher
Your careerWe're committed to your personal and career development and want to support you to make the most of the opportunities available. Well fund external qualifications (subject to terms and conditions) where they are linked to your job role and your career aspirations and we encourage staff to make the most of the protected learning time we have in place.
- A comprehensive induction plan and supported probationary period
- Regular one-to-ones and appraisal linked to training needs analysis
- Training and development opportunities for staff and volunteers
- Palliative specialist training for our nurses
- External clinical support and supervision and independent mentoring
- Protected learning time for staff opportunity for staff to access one hour a week of protected learning time where they can gain knowledge, skills and insight to support them in their work and personal lives
Work-life balanceHow we can support you in achieving a work-life balance is important. We want you to enjoy your work and to make the most of the opportunities but taking time out and being there for your family is important too.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increasing with service)
- Flexible working
- Onsite Café
- Social events (opportunity to become involved in our social and fundraising events)
Well-beingWe want to help you look after yourself and support you in making choices about your health and well-being. We do that for our patients we know its a priority for our staff too.
- Free eye examinations if you regularly use a computer then we want to help you look after your eyes
- Cycling loan scheme we are members of Cyclescheme which is the UK's leading provider of the cycle to work scheme. Our cycling loan scheme enables you to buy a bike tax free, saving 25-39% on its high street value while spreading the cost over 12 months
- Free 24 hour confidential advice and counselling line as well as a legal advice service for employees and their immediate families