Join #TeamPeace and take part in the South’s most iconic cycle ride! London to Brighton is a mass-participation cycle ride covering 54 miles from Clapham Common in London to Madeira Drive on Brighton sea front.
What you’ll get from us:
- Support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
- You will receive a special Peace Hospice Care goodie bag when you finish the ride
- Free cycling top to represent us on the day if you raise £200
- Free bundle pack which includes a cycling top, a sports water bottle and a sweat band if you raise £300
What you’ll get from the event organisers:
- Buffet lunch – This takes place at 29 miles in the picturesque village of Turners Hill.
- Water stops – These take place at 21 miles in the morning and 45 miles at the top of Ditchling Beacon
- Full mechanical support – There will be four stationary mechanic points (at the start, at the morning and afternoon water points, and at lunch) but if you’re unlucky enough to experience difficulties in between those points, Skyline will also have roaming mechanics– just give them a call!
- Fully signed route- the route is fully sign-posted so that you can keep your eyes on the road and enjoy the wonderful surrounding countryside!
- A well earned drink in the fully licensed events village at the finish line
- And finally – You will be rewarded with an official, beautiful souvenir of your achievement, the coveted: “London to Brighton Cycle Ride” Medal!
Registration Fee : £55
Minimum Fundraising Target : £150
By signing up to this challenge we ask that you commit to raising a minimum sponsorship of £150 per person. The Events Team will be there to support you every step of the way whether it is with training plans, fundraising ideas, collection tins or plain moral support you will not be doing this alone.
How fit do I need to be?
The London to Brighton cycle ride is challenging but achievable. In order to maximise your enjoyment you do need to train and get out on your bike before the ride!
What’s the route?
Once out of London you will predominantly cycle along quiet lanes passing through Mitcham, Carshalton, Chipstead, Banstead and Haywards Heath before taking on the challenge that is Ditchling Beacon – a mile long climb to the top of the South Downs where you will be rewarded with amazing views and a water break! From there it’s downhill for the last few miles onto Brighton sea front.
Is there an age restriction?
You will need to be 16 or over but there is no upper age limit. However all participants of whatever age should ensure they are fit enough to take part in the event. If you are in any doubt please check with your doctor.
Click HERE for full terms and conditions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01923 330370